President Donald Trump is ready to take whatever action he needs to stop the migrant caravan from entering the country. His administration is pondering using an executive order to shut down the southern border with Mexico and stop the migrants from crossing it.
Sources close to the administration confirm that the President plans to rely on the same authority he used last year when it comes to the travel ban. “Foreign nationals fleeing persecution have the right to apply for asylum once they reach American soil.”
“According to a draft of the proposed rule reviewed by The Washington Post, the administration argues that the president can use his authority under Section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act to declare certain migrants ineligible for asylum because it ‘would be contrary to the national interest” and “detrimental to the interests of the United States.’”
“No decisions have been made at this time. Nor will we forecast to smugglers or caravans what precise strategies will or will not be deployed,” officials said.
HERE WE GO: ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis ORDERS over 800 Troops To Southern BORDER as CARAVAN approaches….https://t.co/pMlWZrTLwl
— Chuck Callesto (@ChuckCallesto) October 25, 2018
Another official said that “everything is one the table,” and the same applies to military intervention.
Defense Secretary James Mattis is reported to move 800 US troops to the southern border.
“If they come here illegally with no legitimate reason to stay, they absolutely will be apprehended and removed immediately,” Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said.
“They should be seeking refuge in Mexico. To ignore refuge and continue, in some cases, to come to the United States raises questions of what their real motives are,” she said.
The President is really concerned about the migrant caravan, because it is packed with criminals and even terrorists who use the caravan to enter the country. “Some of the people within the caravan were actually tattooed with MS-13 markings,” investigative reporter Sara Carter said.